• The Trials and Travels of Philly McNoweps

    Premise:
    To play through Fallout 3 using no weapons at all.
    • I will be using stimpacks, I will be using med-x (and other chems)
    • I will be using armour, although at the same time I will be testing out ‘silly costumes’ if only for screenshot oddities.
    • I will be min-maxing my character, If only to ensure absolute game breaking mechanics.
    • I will at times be using the console ‘setownership’ and if things piss me off ‘unlock’ but not so that I break the game completely.

    The game will be set on hard [see following edit] difficulty. - - Edited info; I found that the game was set to Very Hard.

I have to confess, its very hot and I’m not 100% into this blogging thang. I’ll try to keep things light hearted,

So After my last somewhat crappy little game I went about collecting some bobble heads to help pad up my stats etc, so I got the Endurance b-h, Stealth and Repair b-h’s this was all rather blah blah run of the mill stuff by now, deathclaw’s Yao Guai & Raiders etc all falling with ease. And other than a lot of walking and the appropriate XP gain for the random crap I kill on way.

I skip along and hit the level-wall… level 20 oh goodie… I take the perk Grim Reapers Spirit… just for the stupid ability to go from one VAT’s kill straight to another VAT’s sadly, I have a huge gripe with the shitty level cap, one of the 1st mods I ever got was a mod to make the cap 100… and now that I’m back on L20 capp’d out I am busting to get to level 21.. and then 22 etc… but I’m staying true to my word and I’m playing through un-modded.

The overall effect of this is that it left me finishing my session at the memorial about to help dad start the next bit of the game. Al of which means there’s probably about 10 levels worth of XP I’ll not be getting in this game. Not one Enclave troop will give me XP gain, which is to me a very big part of why this game (unmodded) is just such a failure of a game, it stops being an RPG (if it ever was one…) and just concentrates purely on action. Below I compiled some more FRAP’s footage of my character punching various things to death, including the ‘capitol building’ Behemoth (along with all the other inhabitants I killed not shown in the video clip)

One of the most fun things I found in this session: warp-punch one of the mutants in the capitol building was on top of some scaffold, and by jumping from a good vantage point, hitting “V” my character warps to the same level as the target and combat continues. Using this little gimmick I managed to kill the sniper (Drifter) by warp-punching onto his platform! My fingers weren’t quick enough to capture it as I knocked him off the ledge (which I did manage to screen-cap)


Expect this post to be edited: lots of media yet to be sorted through and edited for posting... Also; still having issues uploading to Youtube :-(

Categories:

0 Response for the "Chapter... [enter appropriate number] coming close to closure."