• The Trials and Travels of Philly McNoweps

    Premise:
    To play through Fallout 3 using no weapons at all.
    • I will be using stimpacks, I will be using med-x (and other chems)
    • I will be using armour, although at the same time I will be testing out ‘silly costumes’ if only for screenshot oddities.
    • I will be min-maxing my character, If only to ensure absolute game breaking mechanics.
    • I will at times be using the console ‘setownership’ and if things piss me off ‘unlock’ but not so that I break the game completely.

    The game will be set on hard [see following edit] difficulty. - - Edited info; I found that the game was set to Very Hard.

4th Chapter.

Posted by Cratchety Ol Joe On 10:06 0 comments


Sadly in this 4th instalment I died twice, once thanks to some ghouls in a sewer I was exploring for loot, and then the 2nd time was because of a mirelurk hunter and 2 other mirelurks. In both instances my VAT’s cheat mode  didn’t help much past the initial attacks, once passed the ghouls just attacked too quickly for me to fight them effectively and the mirelurks just did too much damage at once (my frantic tab button mashing did little to help… so no Pipboy heal-a-thon)

Other that the two deaths I did quite well, taking out a minigun wielding super mutant and the regular mutants / centaurs that were present,  I looted out the teddy-bear factory / Sewer ??? works (seriously… what’s up with that?) and spent a little time attempting to get to Arlington library (Moira…) and after two failed attempts to get there; both due to over-looting and running out of stimpaks due to encounters. I decide to go to Rivit City (just so I have a waypoint closer to the library when I next try.

As I mention, several times I had to halt my travels because I was carrying too much and my med supplies were too low to risk further combats. In this session I’d seen fit to punch to death:

Several raiders – some because of a rather extraordinary triple spawned encounter involving mole rats, waste-landers and raiders, I also cleared out the little raider camp near Dukov’s.
Super mutants – these now pose no real threat, so the route to the Jefferson memorial / on to Rivet City was nothing more than an interesting boxing match Vs gun wielding super mutants, I didn’t even use many stim’s doing so.
A random encounter Protectron, which only took like 4 punches ??
Lots of ghouls… I spent a lot of time wandering around in a sewer looking for loot


All of that combat, coupled with various lock picking and trap deactivating activities I managed to hit Level 7, taking Toughness perk and increasing sneak, unarmed speech and barter.

With rivet city opened up trading all my ill-gotten gains was easier than ever although I did abuse Doc Church in megaton, trading several dozen tin cans and other useless loots for all the stims he had at the time.

The session ended abruptly when the game crashed while I was swimming from Rivet City across to the spot where the ‘riverboat’ would occupy (not there as I don’t have the point lookout DLC active)

Categories:

0 Response for the "4th Chapter."