• The Trials and Travels of Philly McNoweps

    Premise:
    To play through Fallout 3 using no weapons at all.
    • I will be using stimpacks, I will be using med-x (and other chems)
    • I will be using armour, although at the same time I will be testing out ‘silly costumes’ if only for screenshot oddities.
    • I will be min-maxing my character, If only to ensure absolute game breaking mechanics.
    • I will at times be using the console ‘setownership’ and if things piss me off ‘unlock’ but not so that I break the game completely.

    The game will be set on hard [see following edit] difficulty. - - Edited info; I found that the game was set to Very Hard.

Let's do that again... and again...

Posted by Cratchety Ol Joe On 13:57 0 comments

Well I was pondering if it was to be Fallout or Company of Heroes today, I decided on a little of both, so… world war II aside I loaded up FO and got about my business, after last times crash to desktop, I found that I had effectively saved the game, by taking a nap in an unused bed in one of the Reclining Groves Resort Homes. So Huzzah for that! I hopped over to the nearby scavenger in the barn and emptied off my crap. At this point I find that a certain mug lying on the ground is the cause of my previous CTD, as when I try to grab it, I get another crash to desktop! So I reload the game and start over, repeating the bits I’d done thus far.

I set about my quest for the +1 AGI bobblehead, taking a route via MDPL-13 power station (looting as I go) and fending off more Talon Co. then onward to Greener Pastures Disposal Site, ta-da! Insta-stat upgrade!

Out of pure interest I loaded up my stats screen firstly it seems I’d forgotten about my level 12 but now I have a good view of my characters stats etc, and I thought I’d share that with you;

More over, I decided to double check what perks I had, and that looked a little like this:

So, with my AGI maxed out, (excepting for the yet to come power armour negative effects) I warp back to megaton for loot offloading and med restocking my next in line task it to deliver the naughty nightwear. This requires me to cross as yet un-chartered  lands so I have no warp to points. My first foray into the wastes I decided to try and go via the Fort Independence and surrounding area’s including taking out all the raiders in the nearby town, two of which had missile launchers! But nothing to much trouble for my fists of fury. Cue classic batman style fight scene:


After that and having a chat with the outcasts I move on attempting to get to tenpenny tower my travels are quickly ended by a Yao Guai removing my head and causing a severe case of relodius del last saveium pointius In other words I found myself back at megatons gate. Grr, angry at my inept non-use of F5 key…

I took a break at this point, grabbed a coffee etc, then after a while came back and loaded the game back up. I took a similar approach as last time, but basically bypassed the outcasts fort and the raiders town, a few non committal fights with various spawns and me saving the game religiously so when Dogmeat was single swiped by a Yao Guai (it seems these damn things are proving the biggest problem for me recently) I reloaded a recent save as I like the ol’ meaty dog, but I think if he dies again, I’ll probably just let him R.I.P.

With that slight hiccup I make a beeline for tenpenny tower, knowing that I have the robots quest from Moira yet to do. So tenpenny will be a nice war point, also the extra trade outlet is useful as I’m finding my regular ‘warp in, trade, warp out’ activities has cleaned out Megaton and Rivet City.

I encountered a regular graphics glitch I get with tenpenny tower, some of the textures go a bit.. WTF... such as, how do I get in? (its not actually a solid wall just graphics texture)

With tenpenny comes great ghoul responsibilities. I plan to kill Roy & his ghoul pals due to enjoying the traders and benefits of the tower and the trade off for bad karma / GNR occasionally telling me I’ve been naughty is worth it. I wander over to Warington Tunnels (I didn’t speak with Roy, so the more direct route was blocked for me. Removing the feral ghouls at the entrance nearly caused my death, after 3 ghouls gang up on my non-Med-X’d character and those guys hurt! But pipboy a-go-go and all is well. After getting into the tunnels and killing a couple more ghouls I get a big fat BSOD. So I give up for the day, clearly the computer doesn’t want to play Fallout today!

Categories:

0 Response for the "Let's do that again... and again..."