• The Trials and Travels of Philly McNoweps

    Premise:
    To play through Fallout 3 using no weapons at all.
    • I will be using stimpacks, I will be using med-x (and other chems)
    • I will be using armour, although at the same time I will be testing out ‘silly costumes’ if only for screenshot oddities.
    • I will be min-maxing my character, If only to ensure absolute game breaking mechanics.
    • I will at times be using the console ‘setownership’ and if things piss me off ‘unlock’ but not so that I break the game completely.

    The game will be set on hard [see following edit] difficulty. - - Edited info; I found that the game was set to Very Hard.

Back on track

Posted by Cratchety Ol Joe On 13:59 0 comments

Starting this rather mammoth session I quickly hunt down some feral ghouls on my way though to find Roy only a couple of these and I quickly get Level 13 taking Finesse. Then I wrap up some ghoul punch-bag action poor, poor Roy et al.

With that quickly seen to I spend some time getting to girdershade, in an attempt to deal with the naughty nightwear thing. Managing to ignore nuka-girl for the most part… no way I’m getting into all that nonsense. I persuade Ronald using black widow to fetch me nuka’s in exchange for a three-way. Sadly this causes him to belt off toward the nuka factory.. I decide to follow him on foot, fighting off several things en route, including going passed the Rob-co facility, which I was intending in doing soon. Sadly when I’m attacked by a pack of 5 or 6 vicious dogs I loose track of Ronald. [At several points I warp to and from girdershade hoping to run into him again, sadly… it seems it is written into the game that he dies near the entrance of the nuka-cola plant. In an attempt to bypass this I use ‘setessential’ on his ID but throughout the rest of this session see no sign of him. To further hurry along my now tainted quest log, I use ‘player.additem’ to get me the required nuka-quantums to give to Sierra].

Well annoyed by all that, as I was hoping to explore the alternate quest ‘avenues’ I did get to the nuka plant at the end of my trek, and found a deathclaw waiting for me… my 1st to fight bare-knuckle. VATS caused a knock out and I finished it off without injury what a poor showing, a deathclaw… punched to death.

Having been playing for some considerable amount of time now I loose my concentration and start cocking about in tenpenny tower, firstly I spawn 100 behemoths… I died quickly, as did Tenpenny and Dogmeat. But it was funny. Then I spent some time adding various items that I’ve not played about with before (I did sell these items, but being that my cap’s count is like 40,000 and growing, its hardly going to have adverse affect on my games outcome) nothing realling interesting, other than 1 item ID code which spawned 50x (s) … I don’t really know what an (s) is.. I dropped it and whatever it was just wasn’t there. The best thing I found was power-suit armour, which is a suit a-la business suit. After getting bored with that I went and got a new face, spurred on by the side view of my current face, I mean… look at that chin!

So, my new face! Behold!!!
 Such a pretty love!

I then spent a loooo-ooo-ooong time cleaning out Rob-co getting level 14 in the process, the immense amount of loot hauling prompting me to take strong back (really actually taking the perk, not like last time when I thought I’d taken it) in between mass Rob-co looting I nip over to the cemetery to grab the LK bobblehead. Then back to Rob-co to finish up my mega-looting session.
 
With Rob-co all done that’s the last peg in my Wasteland Survival Guide quest, and Moira can go shove it.

Being that I’m finishing up loose ends I decide to make a conceited effort to get the game back onto the main plot quest, so over to germantown. I practice my new tactic of; dose up on psycho, med-x, jet or quantum and run at the mutants swinging blindly. Which works quite well even against the tougher mutant masters. Needless to say I wrap up the germantown / big-town thing, seemingly in record time as well… something to be said for this unarmed combat style!

Happy that I’m back on the main quest I go about making sure I have my meds stocked and loot sold and then. . .  

OH for fucks sake… BSOD … seriously this game crashed more often than wall street.

As a small point of interest, in my little write up I’d put that the game is on hard. I had reason to go into my settings at one point during this game I noticed that it had actually been set on Very Hard. Cool!

Categories:

0 Response for the "Back on track"