• The Trials and Travels of Philly McNoweps

    Premise:
    To play through Fallout 3 using no weapons at all.
    • I will be using stimpacks, I will be using med-x (and other chems)
    • I will be using armour, although at the same time I will be testing out ‘silly costumes’ if only for screenshot oddities.
    • I will be min-maxing my character, If only to ensure absolute game breaking mechanics.
    • I will at times be using the console ‘setownership’ and if things piss me off ‘unlock’ but not so that I break the game completely.

    The game will be set on hard [see following edit] difficulty. - - Edited info; I found that the game was set to Very Hard.

Chapter 6, redeux

Posted by Cratchety Ol Joe On 14:35 0 comments

After my BSOD last time I start this session at the entrance of the marigold station, I proceed to barge through the tunnels, and quickly see to deal with the ant issue, needless to say, looting everything as I go.


A small point of interest, I noted last time that I’d chosen strong back, it seems that wasn’t the case, it looks like I took yet another +1 AGI, via intense training, I noticed this because when Doctor Lesko down with the ants gave me my ‘booster’ I decided to take the +1 PER. Just for sake of information, at this stage my AGI is now 9 points! This all means that I didn’t take strong back as I previously wrote. (I do intend to take strong back at some point though)

While down there in marigold station I happened across Grady's note and the associated package now I know that you good folks are just itching to see my sexy sexy female character in some 'naughty nightwear' so check it out! complete with pipboy & glove and finished off with a combat helmet and biker goggles... Ooooh yeah, sexy.

While I was going about my ant bashing business I also decided to find falls church complete with mutant based antics, While rescuing the trapped BOS initiate, I fell prey to a damn trap! This managed to kill me outright! (One of the tripwire/big swinging object style traps) with this little side event done and dusted, finishing up the ants had slightly more vigour to it than perhaps I’d normally have given it (lots of psycho, jet, and fire ant nectar used.)

Lots of XP means yet another level gained (level 11 now), this time (and I’m sure about this! I wrote it down!) I took black widow, for even yet more damage bonus on my already silly punchy fists of doom.

With my AGI score at 9 points I thought I should take the time to try and round it up to 10 bobblehead style, which means a long trek out to the green pastures, lots of baddies found on the way, mostly Yao Guai, and a rather entertaining episode involving some hunters chasing a scavenger (with whom I’d only recently traded away all my useless loot) This chase was rather humorous as the scavenger was running away, his Brahmin following him, and behind that an angry hunter wielding a sledgehammer! I followed them all round Reclining Groves Resort Homes and then looted the scavenger of all he had. Sadly, I have to confess to one more death which occurred just prior to this benny hill-esq  chase scene, thanks for a surprise Yao Guai and without med-x standing in front of an angry bear is no way to impress people.

Annoyingly, I’m not sure I saved the game, as shortly after this, my game crashes to desktop and I have to go do other stuff.

Ol joe, signing off for now!

Categories:

0 Response for the "Chapter 6, redeux"