• The Trials and Travels of Philly McNoweps

    Premise:
    To play through Fallout 3 using no weapons at all.
    • I will be using stimpacks, I will be using med-x (and other chems)
    • I will be using armour, although at the same time I will be testing out ‘silly costumes’ if only for screenshot oddities.
    • I will be min-maxing my character, If only to ensure absolute game breaking mechanics.
    • I will at times be using the console ‘setownership’ and if things piss me off ‘unlock’ but not so that I break the game completely.

    The game will be set on hard [see following edit] difficulty. - - Edited info; I found that the game was set to Very Hard.

three part two

Posted by Cratchety Ol Joe On 12:12 0 comments

Ok then folks; picking up from lat time, straight off the bat, Moira asks me to go and get radiated so no fistycuff’s required, skip ahead to minefield. My journey to the minefield almost cut short by yet another vicious dog and some raiders, the fight with the dog depletes my med’s so I have to sneak around the raiders and head to minefield (albeit at a slower pace and with only 61hp of my 240 max… the raiders spot me and not wanting al out confrontation I ‘holster’ my fists and make a run for minefield, and as soon as I’m there duck into the first house, scooping up loot and taking a 1 hour insta-heal nap.

Warping back to megaton before going into minefield proper, I gather up meds selling off all the loot I’ve rustled up, at the same time taking opportunity to wander into Lucas’s house to wander about and take a bobblehead he just happens to have there.

I warp over to 101 entrance, to pick up some bits I’d dropped there… I need more med’s still before I brave minefield unarmed. I happen to notice as I pass the approach to springvale that a certain Deputy Weld’s corpse (which previously had glitch-catapulted away from where I’d killed him) I warp back into Megaton to grab all the meds I can, at the same time I wrap up Silver/Moriarty so to continue the main plot a little.

WAAAARP into minefield, disarm a bunch of mines and wey-hay Level 4 bounces along and smacks into me. A rank in Iron Fist and I boost my repair and Unarmed skills (a couple of points elsewhere but not important) Super-Teleportathon back to Megaton (oh goody a way to travel completely unhindered and risk free, THANKS Beth-) Moira now tells me I have to test the repellent stick… Dilemma time! Use a weapon!?!?!? Erk… Worse still when I try to ‘lie’ my way around the situation I fail the check.

Ignoring my little weapon related dilemma I warp back to super duper mart in search of some XP and to test out my newly Ironed fists. A giant radscorp ambushes my warp in, but thanks to ‘knocking it out’ (seriously, I VAT’s him a couple times and then it just kinda fell over unconscious so I beat the crap out of it. The radscorp comes around gives me a nasty Jab which VERY nearly kills me outright (Pipboy-insta-heal) and I finish it off. Diving inside I find that dispatching the armed raiders (which I’d previously left alone) is quite easy, most are killed with a combo of 1x VAT’s and a couple punches to follow. I steal their armour (my previous armour in tatters) and go about looting everything in the super-duper (literally… everything)

After the super duper I skip along over to Whelems warf, a little trading with Sparkle and then on to the mined bridge for more XP.. (Annoyingly as I’m about to disarm one of the mines that silly Brat interrupts me to tell me all about his poor missing poppa. FUCK OFF KID!!! I’M BUS.. *BOOM* .. oh never mind, what was it you wanted? I scrape my way into Level 5, spreading skillpoints about a bit and deciding on another rank of Iron Fist.

I thank bubbah that I took that extra rank, as I get to the war memorial, go inside for some light looting, finding out that mirelurks are tough buggers when you’re just punching them. I leave the war memorial only to find.. Dun dun duuuuuh… Talon Co.

The fight went quite well (again I manage to ‘knock out’ one of my opponents) but it uses up what meds I have left, so I loot and put on the Talon armour I ponder going after the molerats with the big stick.. instead I find myself warded away by a couple mirelurks I have no wish to tangle with, a bit of running and a short swim later and I’m far enough away to contact ‘scotty’ and let him know I need beaming to Megaton.

Categories:

0 Response for the "three part two"