• The Trials and Travels of Philly McNoweps

    Premise:
    To play through Fallout 3 using no weapons at all.
    • I will be using stimpacks, I will be using med-x (and other chems)
    • I will be using armour, although at the same time I will be testing out ‘silly costumes’ if only for screenshot oddities.
    • I will be min-maxing my character, If only to ensure absolute game breaking mechanics.
    • I will at times be using the console ‘setownership’ and if things piss me off ‘unlock’ but not so that I break the game completely.

    The game will be set on hard [see following edit] difficulty. - - Edited info; I found that the game was set to Very Hard.

Small Third instalment

Posted by Cratchety Ol Joe On 09:13 0 comments

Due to some kind of alien mind wipe I’ve all but forgotten what the hell I’m doing today so I’ll just give the basics…

Moira is still insisting that I ‘help her’ so I caved in and went out with the big stick-o-death looking for molerats. I really hope this is the ONLY time I have to use any kind of weapon in this game, even caving in to this one occasion has kinda made me feel like I’ve failed in my challenge.

I warp out to the war memorial and head to tepid sewers, in doing so I’d forgotten about two certain mirelurks, what didn’t help is that two more had spawned! Liberal use of stimpaks and VAT’s  (I manage to kill one outright in vats!) and I find that although I’m now light on meds mirelurks aren’t too much of a hassle. Ito the tepid sewers I dive, brandishing el twig de mort. Crush a few molerats skulls mission complete I then go back to fisty mode and hunt out the raiders that hide in the area, looting them and all the stuff around them.

I somehow ended up emerging in Georgetown … I was a little confused but checking some maps it seems the two do link together. In g’town I see fit to beat up (and knock out while doing so…) a super mutant master and a centaur then its warpy time to megaton.

Now happy at her dead rat situation Moira tells me to go break my bones (1 big jump off of a high platform later) and to plant the observation device in the mirelurk spawning grounds, with my newfound confidence fighting mirelurks coupled with my now replenished med’s I take on the quest and a couple of warps and a few stimpaks later and all is well with Moira.

Not entirely sure if I went up a level, will have to check that…

I probably looted several places as I went about doing this, and I recall nipping into Dukov’s and using ‘setownership’ on the bed so I could insta-heal without having to warp back and forth to Megaton. All that done I save game in Megaton once more.

Categories:

0 Response for the "Small Third instalment"